Sunday, February 20, 2011

29 degrees

Today was the day-or should  I say tonight was the night.  I left at 7:50 pm to do my first 'walk/run'.  And here I am alive to report the situation.  The weather was 29 degrees no wind, and it was actually really peaceful-which lately I need.  Just hearing my feet on the track in beat with my ipod.

Let's start with Mother Nature's sick joke of having it snowing, windy, and cold....again.  Half the track was covered in snow therefore leaving me to the option of running half, turning around, and going back to where I started...no big deal to me. Luckily the part of the track that was clean was the part mostly lit up. 

I walked a total of 1.25 miles and ran .25 miles. Not very much in the grand picture of things for running but still over all 1.5 miles for day 1 is pretty good, so I think.

Now, the funny part, dear lord-I thought I was going to seriously die from the little part of running I did. I was packing some serious wind-it was cold and it hurt.  But I kept going, just concentrating on the music on my groovy running play list (thanks Fergie) and it worked. So I have changed the plan a bit-I am going to run .25 this week and walk the rest and next week bump it up to a half. Its going to take time, I am not going to become a marathon runner over night-pretty sure on that one. 

I am however going to ask my friend E on how the heck I am supposed to breathe while practically dieing!  She is a huge runner so I know she will hold the answer!

Til later...T.

1 comment:

  1. This is E here...first of all YOU ROCK. I am so proud of you and your amazing change. It takes massive huevos to do what you are doing. I will teach you to breathe--no worries and I've got you.

    ReplyDelete